These meatballs are versatile, healthy and are light with fresh ingredients. Lemon juice and lemon zest give the meatballs an added pop of fresh flavor.
1 egg lightly beaten ¼ cup almond flour ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped 2 cloves garlic crushed ½ cup crumbled feta ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon pepper ⅛ teaspoon cumin ⅛ teaspoon coriander 1lb ground lamb Lemon zest of a half a lemon Juice from half a lemon ½ tablespoon olive oil
1. Combine egg, almond flour, parsley, feta and spices in a large bowl.
2. Add ground lamb, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
3. Roll the meat into 1-2 tablespoon size balls.
4. Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add olive oil.
5. Place meatballs in the skillet without crowding them, and cook, turning the meatballs so they brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Meatballs should be light pink in the center.
These meatballs are versatile, stuff them in fresh pita bread with tzatziki and lemon hummus for a tasty meal or toss on top of a salad.
Serve meatballs as an appetizer on a large serving platter with tzatziki and top with lemon zest and fresh parsley.
30 views0 comments