Cook the perfect duck breast with this fool proof cooking method. You'll only need salt, pepper and a sharp knife to get restaurant style duck breast at home.
Duck breast Salt Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Score duck fat with a sharp knife diagonally in both directions, creating a crisscross pattern.
3. Generously season duck with salt and pepper. Bring the duck breast to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
4. Place duck breast fat side down in an oven safe cold pan, yes a cold pan!
5. Gradually turn the heat up to medium, allowing the duck fat to render out and until the skin is golden and crispy, about 10 minutes.
6. Turn the duck breasts over and lightly brown the other side to seal in the juices, about 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Turn duck breasts back over to the fat side and put the pan into the oven until the duck breast reaches 122 degrees in the center, about 4-8 minutes depending how thick your duck breasts are.
8. Remove duck breast from pan and allow duck breast to rest at least 10 minutes.
9. Slice duck and serve.
This is a perfect dish to serve for a dinner party as it’s quick and you don’t need to spend time slaving over the stove. Score and season the duck before your guests arrive, store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook (make sure you bring the duck up to room temperature first!)
Serve alongside golden pearl onions for the ultimate side dish.