The combination of Mediterranean spices and olive oil puts these homemade pita chips above the rest. Perfect for a healthy crunchy snack and is always a party favorite.
1 tablespoon dried oregano 1 tablespoon dried basil 2 teaspoons salt 2 teaspoons pepper 2 teaspoons paprika 1 teaspoon garlic powder ¾ cup olive oil 2 packages of fresh pita pockets
1. Mix oregano, basil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and olive oil together in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cut pita pockets in half, then cut along the spine with scissors to separate the top from the bottom. Stack pita layers on top of one another and cut into triangles.
3. Place pita triangles in a large bowl and top with olive oil mixture. You can do this in batches to ensure the pita triangles are covered well. Add more olive oil if pita triangles are dry.
4. If using an air fryer, preheat to 375 degrees. If using an oven preheat to 400 degrees.
5. Layer pita triangles in the air fryer basket and cook for 3 minutes, until crispy and golden brown. The pita triangles cook fast. Depending on your air fryer, timing will vary. If cooking in the oven, layer pita triangles on a baking sheet and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Transfer pita chips to a basket until cool and store in an airtight container.
These are great to make ahead of time and will last up to two weeks if stored in an airtight container.
Serve pita chips on a large platter with tzatziki, lemon hummus and assorted veggies for a party favorite.
33 views0 comments