The perfect side dish! These golden pearl onions are sweet and full of flavor and can be made quickly using frozen pearl onions and minimal ingredients.
1 package of frozen white pearl onions ¾ cup water ¼ teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons butter 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon paprika Parsley, chopped for garnish
1. Place frozen onions in a saucepan.
2. Add water and salt.
3. Bring water to a full boil over high heat.
4. Cover the saucepan and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Drain onions.
6. In a skillet, heat butter, olive oil and paprika over medium heat, until the butter mixture is frothy, about 3 minutes.
7. Add onions to skillet and mix until they are fully coated in the butter mixture.
8. Cook until the pearl onions have a charred skin and stir occasionally, about 8 minutes.
9. Top with sea salt, pepper and chopped parsley for garnish.
These are the perfect side dish to serve aside any meat and are perfect to accompany the perfect duck breast.
These golden pearl onions are a go to side dish to serve for a dinner party as you can make them ahead of time, heat them up in a skillet with a little olive oil and finish off with salt.
I prefer frozen pearl onions as they are already peeled and are ready to use.